Master of Arts (Higher Education) Research Mode
Doctor of Philosophy
The MA (Higher Education) for research and PhD programme for graduates focuses on specific areas in the field of higher education research that aim to highlight issues related to policy, governance, leadership, curriculum, pedagogy, innovation and the internationalization of higher education at the national and international levels. Each research field of higher education offered will cover sub areas related to the field of higher education studies, as shown in the following table:
|Research Programme||Research Field|
Policy, Governance and Leadership in Higher Education
• Higher Education Policy Studies
• Issues on governance in higher education
• Leadership and management of higher education
• The delivery system of higher education
Curriculum, Pedagogy and Innovation in Higher Education
• Curriculum design of higher education
• Pedagogy and innovation in higher education
• Issues on teaching and learning in higher education
• Online learning in higher education
• Evaluation and assessment in higher education
Internationalisation in Higher Education
• Globalisation in higher education
• Primary and international perspectives in the development of higher education
To provide graduates with in-depth knowledge, research capacity building, improvement of intellectual capital and the development of knowledge and new ideas in the field of higher education. Students who join this program will have the research ability to systematically, scientifically and creatively plan, identify and resolve problems and issues related to higher education through research that can contribute to improved knowledge, ethics and professionalism in the field of higher education at the national and international level.
This programme helps equip and develop the field of higher education research at national and international levels in accordance with the aspirations of the Malaysian Education Blueprint (Higher Education) 2015-2025 which aims to promote excellence in higher education nationally and internationally.
At the end of the programme, graduates are able to: -
1. Contribute knowledge, ideas and solutions to problems and development knowledge in the field of higher education
2. Acquire the skills to conduct research in the field of higher education competently, professionally, ethically and independently
3. Generate information and knowledge of the principles, theories and research methodology to solve problems through research
4. Demonstrate effective communication and quality intellectual and academic capacity in the community of researchers and scholars in the field of higher education and to establish cooperation between researchers
5. Disseminate research results holistically to practitioners, researchers and the public
6. Raise awareness about the career development of professionals in the field of higher education
7. Improve the capacity, knowledge and skills in governance, leadership, policy, curriculum, pedagogy and international perspectives in higher education
Bachelor equivalent with a minimum CGPA of 2.75;
Other qualifications equivalent, accredited and approved by the Senate / Board of Directors from time to time.
Note : For international students , a TOEFL score of 550 or IELTS 6.0 or equivalent.
Master's degree in related field of higher education accredited or equivalent qualifications;
Other qualifications equivalent, accredited and approved by the Senate / Board of Directors from time to time .
Note : Expectant Enrolled for a Masters in research can choose to change the registration to the PhD degree subject to the followings:
i . The efficiency and the ability to perform research at the doctoral level ; AND
ii . Confirmed by the Senate
For international students, a TOEFL score of 550 or IELTS 6.0 or equivalent.
After successfully completing this programme, students will have a career related to research, management and as academics in various government and private institutions. Students will be able to use the expertise and specialized skills related to higher education in addition to utilizing the theory, practice and techniques in the specialised field of research and knowledge.
DOWNLOAD IPPTN ACADEMIC BROCHURE HERE
For further info, please contact:
Assoc. Prof. Dr Hazri Jamil
Noorazmahani Md Kasim
Tel: +604 - 653 5758